For an informational flyer, click here. For additional information, you should contact Mark Manry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority will be given to students who are enrolled in one (or two) of the following courses:
- HON 3113 The Western Experience
- NSC 2204 Natural Science with Lab
- REL 3613 Special Topics in Religion
Students may not enroll in all three of these classes — that would be too much!
The Camino de Santiago is a shared journey and you will meet pilgrims from all over the world.
The Portuguese route is a 150-mile pilgrimage on foot from Porto, Portugal to Santiago de Compestela, Spain. It will take you along beautiful coastlines and hillsides of this history-rich landscape.
You will get in great shape as you prepare for and complete this pilgrimage!
If you participate in this trip without taking credit course credit, the travel fee will be $2850. This includes travel, food, activity, and lodging expenses. If you take the trip for credit, the total cost will depend on the academic options you choose.
The Camino de Santiago is one of the best travel values in Europe; there might not be a better (or cheaper) way to see and do so much while learning at the same time!
Requirements for joining the trip include:
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 is due by by 30 November 2023
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Not on probation, including academic and social
- Ability to walk considerable distances and have the energy for activity
- A great attitude as you explore Camino and try new experiences
- You will need to get a passport that will not be included in the overall cost