Accelerated Learning Requirements
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25. High school, college or university GPAs will satisfy admissions requirements.
- An earned GED may also satisfy admissions requirements. Prior to 2002: a minimum score of 550 is required. From 2002-present: a minimum total score of 2,250 with no single test score below 410 is required for admission.
- At least 50% of your major and minor core must be earned at Rochester University.
- Once you have completed 90 hours of coursework, no more than six hours of transfer work will be accepted.
- Students interested in the Mass Communication degree MUST complete a cohort at one of our associated campuses (Mott, Macomb, or Specs Howard) in order to gain acceptance to the program. For more information on this, please contact your admissions recruiter.
- Please note, if you do not meet admissions requirements, you may still be granted admissions through an appeal, which can be arranged through your admissions recruiter.