Transfer Student

$2,000 Transfer Scholarship

Thank you for your interest in Rochester University. RU is currently offering a $2,000 Transfer Scholarship. RU is interested in students who desire to excel academically, grow spiritually, develop socially and contribute to a positive campus atmosphere.

Qualified students for the Transfer Scholarship are students wishing to transfer 16 or more college credit hours to RC are subject to the Transfer Student guidelines, which include a 2.25 GPA minimum.

How do I qualify for admission?

Rochester University is interested in students who desire to excel academically, grow spiritually, develop socially, and contribute to a positive campus atmosphere. Admission to Rochester University for students wishing to transfer 16 or more college credit hours to RU is subject to the Transfer Student guidelines.

What items must be submitted for admissions consideration?

  • Completed Application for Admission
  • College Transcript(s)

When can I know about an admission decision on my application?

You should expect to receive notification of an acceptance decision within two weeks of all required information being received in the admissions office.

Where do I apply?

Apply online here.

Admission Requirements

2.25 CGPA

Course Transfer Criteria

  • Obtained by an accredited institution
  • 100-level or higher*
  • Achieved a C- or higher for the course
  • Transfer students may transfer up to 45 credit hours toward the Associate Degree or 90 hours toward the Bachelor’s degree. For any degree, at least 50% of a student’s major and minor must be earned at Rochester University. Transfer credit is not applied toward the calculation of students’ Rochester University GPA. Rochester University grants credit for courses completed at regionally accredited postsecondary institutions when course grades are C- (1.7 on a four-point scale) or higher. Applicants should note that standards within individual majors may be higher. Composition A and B are exceptions; to transfer either of these classes, a minimum grade of C is required. Students cannot receive transfer credit for developmental or remedial coursework taken at other institutions.
  • For any degree, at least 50% of a student’s major and minor core must be earned at Rochester University.

To Apply, Submit the Following:

What is the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) and how does it work?

Michigan Transfer Agreement History: In 2012, the Michigan legislature included language in the community college appropriations bill that focused on improving the transferability of core college courses by revising the current Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (MACRAO) agreement and renaming it the Michigan Transfer Agreement –

In order to fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA), students must successfully complete at least 30 credits, with at least a 2.0-grade point average in each course.

These credits, which will be certified by a Michigan community college, should be met according to the following distributions:

  • 1 course in English Composition
  • A second course in English Composition or 1 course in Communications
  • 1 course in Mathematics from one of three pathways: College Algebra, Statistics or Quantitative Reasoning
  • 2 courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines)
  • 2 courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes)
  • 2 courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience (from two disciplines)

In keeping with the Christian liberal arts philosophy of Rochester University, students will be required to complete coursework in the following areas in addition to the MTA:

  • 9 hours of Theological Literacy core; 6 hours if transferring more than 29 hours.
  • ENG 1123 Composition B

Transfer students should verify MTA requirements and course selection with their community college adviser.

The MTA applies only to general education requirements and does not exempt students from meeting requirements of their specific program, major or other graduation requirements at RU. Students should check the college’s academic catalog to determine if any courses required for their major can be used to satisfy MTA.

Submit Credits You’ve Earned for Review

Want to know how your credits will transfer and how the credits you have already earned will help you achieve your degree at RU? Complete the form below and submit your unofficial transcript to receive an unofficial evaluation of your credits, course advising, and a clear pathway to finishing your degree at RU.

Credits will be evaluated to determine whether they will come in as general education/core classes or elective credit.
While your transfer GPA is used for admission and scholarship purposes, it will not transfer towards your RU GPA.

Upload Unofficial Transcripts for Evaluation