Alumni & Giving
RISE Mentoring Program
What is RISE Mentoring?
RISE stands for Relationship, Inspiration, Support and Engagement. The RISE mentoring program is for juniors and seniors to build meaningful relationships with RU alumni and friends to create a stronger Rochester University community. Mentees are paired with a mentor who is established in the mentee’s field of study or desired career path. Mentors serve as positive role models while providing valuable guidance, support and encouragement to students as they navigate through the challenges of transitioning from an academic to professional life.
☝️ *Note: Students and staff must be signed in to access this form.
👈 *Note: Students and staff must be signed in to access this form.
How It Works
Become a RISE Mentor
Mentors serve as positive role models while providing valuable guidance, support and encouragement to students as they navigate through the challenges of transitioning from an academic to professional life. Mentors will be contacted by the RISE program coordinator in the fall.
- Those interested in participating should complete an application.
- Mentors and mentees will be paired based on the information provided from their applications.
- The RISE Coordinator will notify each participant with the name of their mentor/mentee and provide contact and other relevant information.
- Once paired, connect as soon as possible to agree on when and how you will communicate. For example:
- What are the preferred communication methods
- How often will you meet/interact?
- How long will a typical meeting or call last?
- If you need to cancel a meeting or call, how will that be communicated?
- The RISE Coordinator will contact participants periodically for updates on their progress. Please feel free to share your experiences and suggestions for improvement.
What is Expected of RISE Mentors & Mentees
- Approach the mentoring/mentee relationship with respect, professionalism and an open mind.
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner and be proactive about scheduling.
- Define both your goals and those of your mentor/mentee using the RISE Mentoring Program Goals as a launching point.