Dear RU community,
I hope you are already enjoying a wonderful summer. On the RU campus, we are busy processing and working through the lessons of the last academic year and enthusiastically planning for the 2021-22 academic year. In light of these developments, and after extensive deliberations from the RU Pandemic Response Team (PRT,) along with prayerful consideration from all decision-makers, we are pleased to give you some information concerning our plans for fall 2021.
Our current plan for the fall includes:
- A full return to face-to-face instruction
- In-person chapel services and enhanced, in-person spiritual formation programming
- A return to more “normal” dining and residence life experiences
- A rich and active slate of campus activities and initiatives from the RU Center for Student Life
- Resumption of athletic schedules and activities, including less restrictive spectator policies, consistent with the most current guidelines from the NAIA and the WHAC
- No mask requirements
As has always been our commitment, RU will continue to strongly prioritize the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Consistent with that priority, we will continue to find ways to monitor campus health, including wastewater analysis and other measures. However, we anticipate these measures will be far less time-consuming and invasive than what we all experienced last year. We will also continue to closely monitor official developments and follow recommendations from federal, state and local health authorities.
As we work hard to prepare for the best student experience in the history of RU, I will continue to provide updates. Thank you for the role you play in the RU community.