Dave L. Hutson
Associate Professor of Sports Management
- M.A. in Sports Administration, Wayne State University
- B.A. in Kinesiology, Harding University
- Managing Sports Organizations
- Sports Marketing
- History & Philosophy of Sports
- Recreation Management
- Theory in Coaching
- Practicum in Sports Management
- Emerging Issues in Sports Management
- Special Topics in Sports Management: Professional Sports Administration
- Legal Aspects of Sports
- Ethics in Sports
- Facility Design and Event Management
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Health and Wellness for the Whole Person
- Elementary (K-6) Physical Education
- Secondary (7-12) Physical Education
- Secondary Health Education
- Member, United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association
- Member, Michigan Interscholastic Track Coaches Association
Professional and Academic Experience
- Associate Professor of Sports Management, Rochester College (2001-Present)
- Department Head, Sports Management Department, Rochester College (2006-Present)
- Academic Adviser of Sports Management Majors, Rochester College (2003-Present)
- Head Girls Track & Field Coach, Lake Orion High School (2013-Present)
- Assistant Girls Cross Country Coach, Lake Orion High School (2013-Present)
- Owner and Director of Dragon Running Camps (2014-Present)
- Head Cross Country and Track & Field Coach, Rochester Avon Recreation Authority (2000-2013)
- Director of Sports & Travel Camps, Rochester Avon Recreation Authority (2008-2012)
- Associate Athletic Director, Rochester College (2001-2007)
- Intramural Director, Rochester College (1997-2006)
- Head Cross Country and Track & Field Coach, Rochester College (1997-2001)
- Director of Summer Programs, Rochester College (1997-2000)
- Physical and Health Education Teacher (6th-12th Grade) and High School Varsity Coach, Westbury Christian School (1996-1997)
- Physical Education Teacher (K-12), High School Varsity Coach, and Junior High Athletic Coordinator, Brentwood Christian School (1994-1996)
Dave is married to Lora Hutson, who teaches in Rochester College’s Mass Communication Department. He has two children, Davis and Kate, and a stepdaughter, Taylor. Dave enjoys traveling, hiking, mountain biking, reading, listening to a wide range of music genres, and watching professional cycling (the Tour de France is his favorite sports event to watch on television). However, his greatest passion has always been his involvement in the sport of running. After giving up a long running career, he continues to stay very active in the sport by coaching cross-country and track at Lake Orion High School. In the classroom, his goal is to educate his students by applying his many years of practical experience and real world situations to what is taught in the classroom.
- “Mental Preparation for Distance Runners,” Texas Tech University High Altitude Running Camp, July 2016.
- “Sprint Development and Running Efficiency Drills,” Texas Tech University High Altitude Running Camp, July 2016.
- “Physical Health,” First Year Experience, Rochester College, September 2014.
- “Hydration: What Have You Been Drinking?” Wellness Seminar, Rochester College, February 2013.
- “The Role of Sports in Our Culture,” POP: Junior Scholars Week, July 2012.
- “10 Ways to Enjoy Exercise,” Wellness Seminar, Rochester College, November 2012.
- “Improving Your Cardio Fitness,” Wellness Seminar, Rochester College, November 2011.
- “Interfering With God’s Design: Did the Shoe Industry Get it Wrong?” Faculty Symposium, Rochester College, October 2010.
- “A Journey To Spiritual Wellness,” Wellness Seminar, Rochester College, September 2010.