The 51st Partnership Dinner was held Saturday, April 9th. Here are a few of the highlights from Saturday’s dinner. See photos below.
- Warrior Partner Award presented to Averill and Wilma Thomas. Prior to Wilma’s passing earlier this year, the couple attended every single Partnership Dinner!
- Dr. Gordon MacKinnon accepts the RU Alumni Association’s inaugural Faculty Excellence Award, given in recognition of his exceptional dedication to the university’s vision, mission and values.
- Featured speaker Jon Horst receives the Alumni of the Year award in honor of his professional achievement and philanthropic support and service to RU.
- Larry Stewart is presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award in celebration of 50 years of devoted service, exceptional leadership and steadfast commitment to the mission and longevity of RU. At the end of May, Larry will officially retire from his full-time work at the university. However, in true Larry fashion, he will continue to support RU through volunteerism.
- RU announced plans for Phase 2 of the “Rise Together. Stand Apart.” campaign—the addition of a $8M sports complex that will be home to men’s and women’s soccer and lacrosse, baseball and softball. The university plans to break ground on the project in the fall of 2023 and have a fully functioning field ready by spring 2024. Learn more about this project by contacting RU’s development office.
- RU alumnus and General Manager of the Milwaukee Bucks, Jon Horst, delivers his keynote speech, “People & Words.” Afterward, Horst sat down with local news personality Chuck Gaidica for an insightful Q&A session on his NBA career and time spent at RU.
- Attendees were presented with a giving challenge—$21,500 matched dollar-for-dollar. Currently, $18,500 has been raised for student scholarships. Will you help us get to the finish line? Make a gift at RochesterU.edu/donate or Venmo @RUGiving.