What Type of Information We Collect
The server on which the Web Site is located collects and saves only the default information customarily logged by web server software. Such information may include the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, and the pages and images requested.
EU General Data Protection Regulation
Please be aware of Rochester University’s GDPR Privacy Notice that supplements this Privacy Statement. The GDPR Privacy Notice can be found at: https://rochesteru.edu/privacy/gdrp/
The Web Site is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age, and children under such age must not use the web site or services offered on it to submit any individually identifiable information about themselves.
The materials found on the web site are protected by the United States and other copyright laws, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 1 U.S.C. Section 105. The selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of the Web Site are copyright © August 29, 2019, Rochester University. Permission is granted to view and print materials from www.rc.edu for the non-commercial purpose of viewing, reading and retaining for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of Rochester University, is strictly prohibited.
Rochester University logos are trademarks or service marks of Rochester University.
ROCHESTER UNIVERSITY AND www.rochesteru.edu DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE WEB SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, OR ANY SITES LISTED THEREIN, AND THE WEB SITE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. THE WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN IT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE WEB SITE OR ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE FOR (1) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE, EVEN IF THE WEB SITE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (2) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WEB SITE, THE MATERIALS AND/OR LISTINGS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE WEB SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE WEB SITE’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Rochester University may disclose user information in instances when:
- Information disclosure is required in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the University or its property, University personnel and students, or others who could be harmed by such activities;
- Disclosure is required by law.
We reserve the right to use information obtained by the site to identify persons or entities for these purposes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
- Analytics Cookies – Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
- Our Cookies – Our cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser but may affect the functionality of the Site.
- Personalization Cookies – Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
- Security Cookies – Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
- Site Management Cookies – Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Third-Party Cookies – Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (Chrome)
- iPhone or iPad (Chrome)
- iPhone or iPad (Safari)
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the Site and improve your experience. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is a tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of a page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
Questions or comments regarding the web site should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by U.S. mail to Rochester University, 800 West Avon Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307.