What's On Stage?
2019-2020 Main Stage Season
A Wrinkle in Time | November 14-24, 2019
Adapted from Madeline L’Engle’s novel by John Glore
In Juliet’s Garden & When Shakespeare’s Ladies Doth Protest | February 13-23, 2020
In Juliet’s Garden by Judith Elliot McDonald
When Shakespeare’s Ladies Doth Protest by Brandon Langeland
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
About RU Theatre & More
Audition to join the theatre program and/or qualify for scholarships!
Who can participate: Scholarships are for participation Rochester College campus theatrical productions regardless of major. Scholarships for theatre and musical theatre majors are available also. All incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students are invited to participate.
- Performance scholarships and/or program entry: 2 contrasting monologues totaling 3-4 minute
- Technical scholarships and/or program entry: Bring a portfolio/pictures/resume or similar artifact.
- Musical Theatre Applicants and/or program entry: Perform one 1-2 minute memorized monologue and a short musical theatre piece of your choice (at least 16 bars).
- All applicants will be given a short interview period with the theatre faculty.
Scholarship recipients are expected to participate in productions throughout the mainstage theatre season.
You can help support the theatre program with your tax-deductible contributions. All contributors will be acknowledged in upcoming programs and some will enjoy such amenities as season tickets.
- Helper ($1-24)
- Friend ($25-$99)
- Supporter ($100-$199)
- Patron ($200-$299)
- Sponsor ($300-$499)
- Benefactor ($500 and above)
Corporate Ad Sponsorships
Advertise in theatre programs and reach hundreds of people.
- 1/4 page – approx. 3.5” x 2”
- $100 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
- 1/2 page – approx. 4” x 4”
- $200 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
- Full page– approx. 7.5” x 4.5”
- $400 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
We accept cash, checks (payable to Rochester University, in memo section: THEATRE), and credit cards. Please contact Rachel Corp at (248) 218-2149 or email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for your support!
Noah Robery Mabey Scholarship Fund
Through generous funds provided by friends and family of Noah Robert Mabey, Rochester College offers an annual scholarship for students who are currently english majors with a theatre minor, have a 3.0 GPA, and the recipient should exemplify a passion for the arts, including writing, theatre and literature. Additionally, awardee should demonstrate noticeable character and compassion with a sense of humor while willingly participating in Rochester College and a general commitment to be inclusive and serving others.
Every summer, the UnCovered Theatre Company and Rochester University Theatre Department team up to produce the Rochester University Shakespeare Festival. Professional actors and directors from around the country come to RU’s campus to perform some of Shakespeare’s best plays. Past shows include: Comedy of Errors, Macbeth, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Godspell and As You Like It. Come out and enjoy the Bard in our lovely outdoor theatre space!