What's On Stage?
2021-2022 Season Info Coming Soon!
View the 20-21 Season Program »
About RU Theatre & More
Theatre at RU develops the whole person with the ability to think critically about themselves and the world, encourages empathy, instills appreciation of beauty and diversity, and stresses the importance of human interaction in the digital age.
RU Theatre pillars:
Professional Mentorship – Grow into a professional theatre artist by working alongside professional actors, directors, and designers.
Holistic Development – Gain a wide range of knowledge and technique in theatre arts, along with other real-world, marketable skills.
Individual attention – Find your personal mission as a theatre artist and develop your unique set of talents, goals and interest.
Artistic Opportunity – Engage in production opportunities, in a variety of performance spaces, from day one of the program.
Audition to join the theatre program and/or qualify for scholarships!
Who can participate: Scholarships are available for any students who would like to participate in Rochester University theatrical productions, regardless of major. Scholarships for theatre and musical theatre majors are available also. All incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students are invited to participate.
- Performance scholarships and/or program entry: 2 contrasting monologues totaling 3-4 minute
- Technical scholarships and/or program entry: Bring a portfolio/pictures/resume or similar artifact.
- Musical Theatre Applicants and/or program entry: Perform one 1-2 minute memorized monologue and a short musical theatre piece of your choice (at least 16 bars).
- All applicants will be given a short interview period with the theatre faculty.
Scholarship recipients are expected to participate in productions throughout the mainstage theatre season.
Every summer, the UnCovered Theatre Company and Rochester University Theatre Department team up to produce the Rochester University Shakespeare Festival. Professional actors and directors from around the country come to RU’s campus to perform some of Shakespeare’s best plays. Past shows include Comedy of Errors, Macbeth, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Godspell and As You Like It. Come out and enjoy the Bard in our lovely outdoor theatre space!
You can help support the theatre program with your tax-deductible contributions. All contributors will be acknowledged in upcoming programs and some will enjoy such amenities as season tickets.
- Helper ($1-24)
- Friend ($25-$99)
- Supporter ($100-$199)
- Patron ($200-$299)
- Sponsor ($300-$499)
- Benefactor ($500 and above)
Corporate Ad Sponsorships
Advertise in theatre programs and reach hundreds of people.
- 1/4 page – approx. 3.5” x 2”
- $100 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
- 1/2 page – approx. 4” x 4”
- $200 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
- Full page– approx. 7.5” x 4.5”
- $400 for the RC theatre season and RC Shakespeare Festival (6-7 productions)
We accept cash, checks (payable to Rochester University, in memo section: THEATRE), and credit cards. Please contact Rachel Corp at (248) 218-2149 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your support!
Noah Robert Mabey Scholarship Fund
Through generous funds provided by friends and family of Noah Robert Mabey, Rochester University offers an annual scholarship for students who are currently English majors with a theatre minor, have a 3.0 GPA, and the recipient should exemplify a passion for the arts, including writing, theatre and literature. Additionally, the awardee should demonstrate noticeable character and compassion with a sense of humor while willingly participating in Rochester University and a general commitment to be inclusive and serving others.